Michele at Meanderings has taken on the daunting task of hosting this week, and there are a bunch of spectacular offerings to choose from...
My personal favorites (adding to the lengthy "must try" list):
- A homemade herb and garlic cheese spread from The Secret Life of Shoes
- A rich-sounding creamy corn soup from Dave at The Glittering Eye, called Potage Washington
- CalTechGirl's mother's recipe for Summer Pea Salad (peas are my favorite vegetable... but my brother refuses to touch them - guess I'm not inviting him over for any of this!)
- A spinach-stuffed meatloaf creation topped with melted monterey jack cheese, courtesy of Owlish Mutterings
- "Candyaki" fruit kebabs from Memento Moron (drooooool... I so need to get me a grill now)
- Shawn at Everything and Nothing's Blueberry Buckle Coffee Cake
- This amazing frozen blackberry pie that must be tried as soon as we move into a place that has a kitchen big enough to drag out my new mixer (to beat the egg whites to stiff peaks - because right now I am unable to do so) from Get A Life Soon
- Derby Pie, offered by Christina (the fabulous chef at Feisty Repartee)
- And these amazingly versatile No-Cook Cream Cheese Candies from Morning Coffee & Afternoon Tea. I will have ever so much fun experimenting with these. Mmm.
Go, find yourself some new recipes to try... and while you're at it, start thinking of what you want to submit to next week's carnival - the lovely and talented SarahK of mountaineer musings and IMAO fame will be hosting. Post your recipes and send the link (or just send the recipe if you don't blog it) to recipe.carnival(at)gmail.com ORRRRRRR, as I frequently advise, just use Conservative Cat's carnival submit form. It's easy and gives the host everything they need to compile the carnival with a minimum of fuss.